Electrotechnical equipment for a torrefaction plant as a pilot project.
Together with a French consortium near Paris, our client set up a torrefaction system in continuous operation.
It is a pilot project to test the technology and verify the actual energy consumption.
Our range of services included the complete electrotechnical equipment:
- Electrical planning and circuit diagram with EPLAN P8
- Construction of the switchgear in the container for a quick green field solution
- Creation of the control and safety concept
- Creation of the system control and visualization
- Installation of the plant in France
- First commissioning Support and optimization
- Crawler Edge Device for plant performance reporting and graphical visualisation of relevant process data and dependencies
The switchgear was completely built by us in a container. Since it is a pilot plant with a limited useful life, this was an inexpensive solution.
We used a Simatic S7 400H with F-Systems as the control system. WinCC was used as a visualization. We advised the customer to use a PCS7 process control system for this application. This could not be taken into account for contractual reasons.
The particular challenge in this project was the complex implementation of the safety functions. Depending on the driving style and operating condition of the system, different treatment of the safety devices was necessary. Together with the installer, the operator and the authorities, a sensible and practicable solution was found. This was only possible because we have relied on a software-based F-Systems system from the start. During the testing phase of the system, a lot of new knowledge came up and with it adjustments to the safety concept.
Do you want to know more?
Get in touch with us.
+49 (0) 3943 56060
Fax: +49 (0) 3943 56066
Dr. Ecklebe GmbH